Placement/Work Experience

During my second year at University I had a placement at Rocket Scenery, a scenic construction company based in Nottingham. This was my very first taster getting involved with theatre industry work and getting a feeling of the working environment and understanding the working process of a set construction company, getting a set made from paper design/model box to real life. Below are some examples of the work I got involved with at Rocket, mostly in scenic painting and some prop making.




After my graduation, I was accepted to do work experience at the West Yorkshire Playhouse in Leeds which was a great experience. This allowed me to get more involved with the prop making side of things, and this is where I learned a lot of useful skills and techniques broadening my interest in prop making. 

Below are some of the productions I got involved with.







'Don't You Leave Me Here' - by Clare Brown(above)












'Animal Farm' - by George Orwell(above)






'Full of Noises' - West Yorkshire Playhouse Touring Company 
(above)