Faux Birthday Cake

Partnership Events & Entertainment Limited (PEEL)

I made another cake for PEEL, this time for a special birthday occasion for the company. PEEL asked whether I could make a tiered cake for one of the director's/manager's birthday party, something very fancy and elaborate with the real cake under the faux cake as a bit of a joke... This was made out of styrofoam, light weight filler (which was VERY useful otherwise the cake would have weighed a ton!), and a bit of plastazote for the words. PEEL wanted a light green coloured cake so I tried to gather decorative materials that would go with light green and be fun to look at. I chose decorations which would work in a simple yet striking way and handmade the flower arrangements on the top and on the corners. I tried to avoid the 'wedding cake look' which was a little bit tricky...